Wednesday, March 12, 2014

17th Time of the Writer

On Sunday I leave for Durban South Africa to participate in the 17th Time of the Writer literary fesitval which takes place at the University of Kwazulu- Natal. There are panel discussion each evening at the
Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre and the panel discussion I'm on is Friday the 21st of March. The topic is youth literature. I'll be joined by Khulekani Magubane, and the facilitator is Sanelisiwe Ntuli.

Throughout the week there are various activities during the day. I'll be among writers going to
Westville Prison on Wednesday the 19th. I'm also reading and speaking at Adams College on Thursday the 20th. I'm very excited to be going to such a prestigious school who has among their alumni our first president, Sir Seretse Khama. 

I'm looking forward to meeting a host of new writers and to all of the interesting literary discussions that will undoubtedly happen. If you're around Durban, I'd love to meet you.

No comments: