Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Very Nice Things

I got news that the One World anthology of which my story, The Rich People's School, is a part, is selling quite well. All proceeds go to Doctors Without Borders and a royalty cheque is ready to be turned over as I write this. I'm quite excited about this as the book came together when a group of writers met online and we did everything from beginning to end and then handed it over to the publisher. I was very proud to be part of the project and am happy it is doing so well. Read more about the One World process here and here.

I was also happy to have my story mentioned in this review of the book.



The Bed Book of Short Stories is now out. I haven't got my copies yet as I asked the publisher not to send as I would collect them in Cape Town but everybody who has seen it is quite excited. I was the compiler and have a story inside so have a real interest in it doing well. The ebook can be purchased here. Can buy books here or you can contact the publisher about getting copies at cdhiggs@gmail.com.

There is a review of the book at LitNet. Here's an excerpt:

There are so many more stories in this collection of thirty which deserve mention, but it’s impossible to pay tribute to them all. Suffice to say that this is a Quality Street box of stories: each entirely different from the one before and each completely delicious in its own right. Do yourself a favour and spoil yourself with this delightful collection. Take a copy, well, to bed. It’s obviously the only place to savour The Bed Book of Stories.

Yeah for Modjaji Books! Yeah for the Rain Queen!
Support small independent publishers and buy the book. Please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pleased it is selling so well. My cousin has volunteered for Doctors Without Borders from time to time and they do incredible work. Good on you for being a part of it!

Lauri said...

I'm quite proud of it actually eventhough I did only a small bit.

bm said...

I am taking a comp & lit class for my associates degree and we are are using "One World" for our text book. I have to say that I am enjoying it especially since I am not a novel reader (short stories go over quite well). My final project is to do an author profile and scrapbook and my author is.... Lauri Kubuitsile. We are to gather as much info and try to make actual contact with our authors.